Video Presentation (Parts 1-4)
End of Course Evaluation
Compassion Fatigue Educator
This CE emphasizes self-care strategies for those working in short term and long term disaster and traumatic environments. Emphasis is placed on skills acquisition for self-regulation of mood, and self-monitoring. Recommended for mental health professions, first responders, and volunteers.
The Compassion Fatigue Educator course of training is for those who are primarily interested in teaching and guiding colleagues about self care, developing and managing a self care plan, and effective compassion fatigue stress management.
NOTE: In registering for this course you will have access to its contents for 1 month starting from the registration date. You must complete the course within 1 month of your registration date.
The students will be able to:
- Articulates the developmental history of compassion fatigue including counter-transference, caregiver stress, burnout, vicarious traumatization, and secondary traumatic stress.
- Differentiates between compassion fatigue, secondary traumatic stress, and vicarious traumatization.
- Articulates the unique array of symptoms indigenous to compassion fatigue.
- Assesses and identifies symptoms of compassion fatigue in self and others.
- Recognizes compassion fatigue triggers and early warning signs.
- Articulates current theoretical models for the etiology and transmission of compassion fatigue.
- Articulates and teaches others the potential effects of traumatic stress upon systems (marriage, family, workplace, etc).
- Identifies and utilizes resources and plans for resiliency and prevention for self and ability to facilitate this plan with others.
- Knowledge of what is required to create and maintain a self-care plan for self and others and familiar with the Academy of Traumatology’s Standards of Self Care for Traumatologists.
- Knowledge of what is required to facilitate a self-care plan for self and others.
- Knowledge about providing psycho-education on the causes, symptoms, prevention, and treatment of compassion fatigue.
- Knowledgeable of and abides by the Academy of Traumatology Standards of Practice and Ethics.